Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 450 g beets, peeled and chopped
- 100 g chopped red onions
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- ca 9 dl vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 125 g low-fat yogurt, whisked until smooth
- pea shoot leaves
heat the oil in a heavy-bottom skillet on medium-high heat. add cumin, coriander, beets, onions, pepper, and potato and cook until very fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes.
add the stock, salt, and pepper and bring to boil.
cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through. gently transfer the mixture to a blender or a food processor and blend to a purée.
pour the soup into bowls and garnish with swirls of yogurt and pea shoot leaves.